Ok, so anyone who has moved knows how challenging and overwhelming adjusting to a new space can be. When I moved in with my husband in Baltimore (fiance at the time), we had NO SPACE to work with. So these are some of the ways that I have saved money and created space.
1. No closets-no problem! Buy clothes racks and create your own free-standing closet. I also used some cheap shoe racks that I put inside the outline of the clothes racks and some cheap hanging shoe racks for the sides of the rack.
2. One bathroom problems-so anyone who has lived in a one bathroom space with a roommate/significant other knows that the competition of getting into the bathroom is real! Ladies, use a vanity-this frees up the bathroom and allows you to get your own relaxing space to get yourself ready for the day.
3. No bathroom space-buy a cheap organizer for over your toilet. This creates extra storage in your bathroom.
4. Tiny laundry area-organize my laundry space, I was able to snag a tiny paper organizer that my mom used to use in her classroom to save space and keep my detergent, dryer sheets, etc.
5. No kitchen counter space-by adding a tiny table with two stools gifted to us from my mother-in-law, we were able to add an area to serve, prepare, and eat food.