Since my husband and I are living off of just one income, I am looking for some ways to save up money to decorate and furnish our house. I am currently at my parents’ house and have started going through some of the boxes I have left in my basement. Here are some ways I am making money right now.
- Go through old purses/bags and list them on “Offer Up.” This is an awesome app that allows you to quickly and easily take a picture, add a description, and list it for sale in your area. It is basically like an online garage sale. Or you could always have an old-fashioned garage sale!
- Sort through old clothes/shoes/jackets and bring them to a consignment shop or Plato’s Closet. Just remember, at Plato’s Closet, the clothes have to be current and used VERY lightly.
- Sell childhood toys (I am currently working on selling my beanie babies. I was a 90’s kid and adored these little guys. It has been fun going back through them to see what they are worth). I am planning on selling them on Amazon.
- Look through all jewelry (even broken pieces of chains, pendants, and charms) and bring them to a local jewelry shop. They will be able to pay you for some of your pieces. The main goal here is to look for any gold jewelry you may have. They can melt it down and use it to create and sell their jewelry. You will get market price for the weight in gold. I have done this and made about $60.
- Gather all of your loose change and bring them to a bank instead of a Coin Star-that way you won’t be charged a percent of your money. I was able to make $26 doing this.
This is a great motivation to de-clutter your house. Your goal is to make money. It is truly a win-win, if you don’t wear it or use it anymore, why not see someone else get good use out of it? And have a little extra cash in your pocket!!