- Spend a weekend-stay at a hotel or Air B&B where you are thinking of living
- Live like the locals-check out the local grocery stores, breweries, restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and exercise spots (ex. Yoga or health/fitness clubs)
- Meander around-drive and walk around town as much as possible. Think about what you are looking for in your move and the stage in life. For example, are you looking to live by young professionals, young families, empty nesters, or a retirement community
- Make sure it’s safe-go online and look up crime rates in the area
- Location, location, location-is there a long commute? How close are you to your work? How long are you from the best restaurants and shopping?